The painful ingrown hair, ouch! So, how do you remove it at home?
They are really not pleasant! But what is it?
They are hairs that have curled around and grown back into your skin instead of moving upward. It can cause iritation to the skin.
It can produce a raised, red bump (or group of bumps) that looks like a little pimple. Sometimes an ingrown hair can form a painful, boil-like sore and can be pretty itchy.
In men, they often pop up as a bunch of little bumps on the chin, cheeks, or neck after shaving.
In women, ingrown hairs are common on the legs, as well as in the pubic area and armpits. You can also get ingrown hairs on your buttocks.
Anyone can get ingrown hairs, but they are more commonly seen with people who have very curly or coarse hair.
Ok, now how do I get rid of them at home?
1. Cleanse the skin – with mild cleaner
2. Apply Heat -take a warm shower or very warm wash cloth to do this, it will help raise the hair to the surface
2. Exfoliate the area (if skin is not infected), rub gently in a circular motion- sugar or salt scrubs are great for this; other options are tea tree oil, which works wonders for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to heal the skin and prevent infection; baking soda, also has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces redness; etc
3. Free the trapped hair – use a cotton swab or tweezer (don’t forget to sanitize the tweezer with alcohol before using)
4. Reduce the inflammation – with tea tree oil, also used for disinfecting the area once you have removed the hair
5. Heal the area with Aloe Vera Gel
And How do I prevent getting ingrown hairs?
The best way, avoid shaving altogether (I know, not an option for some men). If you really need to shave, use sharp razors.
Ladies, try waxing instead of shaving. But wait until your skin is healed before starting your waxing regimen with us.
Another prevention, exfoliate before wax or shave, then do it daily or once every two days.
Hope this these tips have helped you!
You can find more tips here:
La Tropiqua Spa – Your Rejuvenation Oasis
1292 Wellington Street West, 2nd Floor
#LaTropiqua #Ottawa #WellingtonWest #Spa #Waxing #Tips